Changes to Housing Process (for rising juniors and seniors)
The room selection process has been revamped and streamlined for the 2019-2020 academic year. So if you have been around awhile, it may seem quite different. Here are some major changes our veterans should keep on their radar:
1. There is no longer any supplemental paper application. The online application is the only one!
2. Gregory is no longer part of the program communities (formerly residential programs) process. Even if you participate in the Film Culture Program or Modern Languages Program, you will go through the "Priority Return to House" process, not the "program community" process.
3. Rising juniors and seniors can now directly retain doubles, quads, or quads with living room, provided those rooms are not designated for freshmen in fall 2019 and everyone in the group is a returning resident. The list of potentially available upperclass rooms is below. Singles cannot be retained, but you might have the opportunity to select your current single again during the room selection process.
4. There is no longer a point system to assess your priority. However, class and years spent in the House are used to determine your assigned time slot to pick a room, which is pretty much the same thing. Manager staff receive the maximum boost possible (though it does not supersede rising junior and senior retention).
5. Most important: for the best chance to get the room you want, you MUST FILL your desired space. For example, if you want a double, you need to be in a group of two. A rising senior with theoretically the best housing priority possible will still not receive a double if they apply without a roommate.
Van Pelt: 215, 315, 415
Class of 1925: 106, 201, 205, 301, 305, 405
Van Pelt: 117, 118, 119, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127
Class of 1925: 102, 103, 104, 109, 110, 111, 112
Van Pelt: 201, 202, 203, 204, 208, 209, 210, 213, 214, 218, 219, 304, 308
Class of 1925: 202, 203, 208, 209, 303
Quads with living rooms:
Van Pelt: 216, 416
Class of 1925: 206, 306
*Our ADA suites (101 C'25 and 116 VP) are assigned directly through Residential Services. Students requiring these rooms should contact their office directly at 215-898-3547
Please don't hesitate to contact the Dean with any questions!